Great recipe for: Queso Blanco - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 1 cup cheese (Asadero, Chihuahua or Monterey Jack) shredded fine
- 4 oz. green chiles (fresh roasted if possible)
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
- 2 tablespoon onion, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium. Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.
© Jim Catanich