Great recipe for: Pepper Balls - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 4 oz Feta cheese -- (4 to 8)
- 8 oz Cream cheese -- (8 to 10)
- pickled peppers (habs, jalapenos, etc), sliced into small pieces
- crushed red pepper
- other colorful spices
- Warm the cream cheese and feta until soft, then blend together until very smooth. Cool mixture until firm again (1hr in the fridge).
- Roll the cheese into little balls around a slice of pepper, 1/2 to 1 inch across. Decorate the balls with the spices - be creative! I like to roll the balls along a thin line of spice to make it look like a ring around them. They're supposed to look like an assortment of Christmas ornament when you're done. If they get too sticky while working with them, chill them again for 30 min to make the cheese firm. Be sure to warn guests that they have a kick!
© Jim Catanich