Olive Garlic Puffs
Olive Garlic Puffs - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and SnacksRated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
Nutrition Facts: 240 calories 9 grams fat
1 can olives, drained & coarsely chopped
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1 head garlic, chopped finely
1/2 cup dried basil
1/2 cup dried parsley
1 sourdough baguette, cut crosswise on slight diagonal into 1/2-inch
1 thick slices
Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
Mound 1 tablespoon Olive-Garlic mixture on each bread slice and spread it around. Arrange on baking sheet, broil until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 2 minutes [can toast the bread, then add the spread & broil. Or bake @ 375-F about 5-10 minutes or until bread is toasted and the top is lightly golden. Serve hot.
* this mixture can be put into a baking dish, baked at 375-F about 30 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean and served with sliced baguettes
* can use a "boboli-type" crust, spread mixture over and bake at 400-F until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 10-20 minutes, instead of baguette
* can use uncooked pizza, or crescent roll triangles rolled out on baking pan, spread mixture over and bake at 400-F until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 30 minutes, instead of baguette
* can use English muffins - spread mixture over and bake at 400-F until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 10-20 minutes, cut in 1/4s & serve, instead of baguette
* can use other cheeses, like Monterey jack, American, etc., shredded, instead of Parmesan
* can leave mayo out & add some olive oil & toss into hot pasta
* can leave mayo out and spread on toasted baguette slices crostini/bruschetta style© Jim Catanich
"The sauce was amazing, it did turn out to be very thick. I was able to fix a hole in my wall with the leftovers! Kidding, very good..." - russell b.
"I'm looking to make a really good roast for Christmas. I've made lots of roasts, but never anything that was great. I'm wondering what cut of meat I should use? Also, I would like to try the red wine, since I recall having a delicious roast once and was told they used red wine. Does it matter what ... " - kaila r.
"I make it my instant pot and it's fabulous and easy. I saute the veggies on the saute function and then once all of the ingredients have been added, I cook it on high pressure for 15 min and then let it do a natural release. After it's cooled a little, I run it though my Vitamix to make it smooth. This has ... " - wendy l.
"Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe and Video - Here's an Allrecipes classic and much-loved chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses instant pudding mix in the batter." - angie
"First made these (and reviewed) in 2011. This NYE I made a big box of mixed cashews and walnuts and they were very popular. Highly recommend these. Make sure you boil the honey and butter for the full 2 minutes; and once you've coated in the sugar and cinnamon stir occasionally to keep nuts separated." - nannylyn
"This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished..." - rob