Olive Garlic Puffs
Recipe: Appetizer : Olive Garlic Puffs - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and SnacksRated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
Nutrition Facts: 240 calories 9 grams fat
1 can olives, drained & coarsely chopped
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1 head garlic, chopped finely
1/2 cup dried basil
1/2 cup dried parsley
1 sourdough baguette, cut crosswise on slight diagonal into 1/2-inch
1 thick slices
Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
Mound 1 tablespoon Olive-Garlic mixture on each bread slice and spread it around. Arrange on baking sheet, broil until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 2 minutes [can toast the bread, then add the spread & broil. Or bake @ 375-F about 5-10 minutes or until bread is toasted and the top is lightly golden. Serve hot.
* this mixture can be put into a baking dish, baked at 375-F about 30 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean and served with sliced baguettes
* can use a "boboli-type" crust, spread mixture over and bake at 400-F until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 10-20 minutes, instead of baguette
* can use uncooked pizza, or crescent roll triangles rolled out on baking pan, spread mixture over and bake at 400-F until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 30 minutes, instead of baguette
* can use English muffins - spread mixture over and bake at 400-F until topping is heated through and begins to brown, about 10-20 minutes, cut in 1/4s & serve, instead of baguette
* can use other cheeses, like Monterey jack, American, etc., shredded, instead of Parmesan
* can leave mayo out & add some olive oil & toss into hot pasta
* can leave mayo out and spread on toasted baguette slices crostini/bruschetta style
"The sauce was amazing, it did turn out to be very thick. I was able to fix a hole in my wall with the leftovers! Kidding, very good..." - russell b.
"This is a no-bake pudding dessert that's so quick and easy to make--everyone loves it. I always..." - mary48
"10 out of 10 made exactly as the recipie said. It was certainly a hit the chicken was moist and the sauce was amazing thanks for sharing" - jasjaycoop
"Tall, fluffy pancakes make the best breakfast, especially when there's plenty of butter and syrup. Make it extra special with berries and whipped cream!" - ann page
"Gourmet Sweet Potato Classic" - tinaclinkenbeard
"Substitution for red pepper flakes? My tummy hates them." - jennifer a.