Great recipe for Nappy Pie - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 3 Ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 Hard cooked eggs
- 4 tb Green onion, finely chopped
- 6 tb Miracle whip
- 1/4 t Dijon mustard
- 2 tb Chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c Sour cream, mixed with
- 1/8 t Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c Jalapeno jelly
- Dip sliced avocado in lemon juice and arrange on bottom of a quiche or pie plate. Mash the cooked eggs and combine with the green onion, miracle whip, mustard, parsley and salt and pepper. Spoon an even layer over the avocados, then spread sour cream mixture evenly over top. Spread Jalapeno jelly over top, cover and chill for several hours. Serve with crackers, and let your guests, spoon the dip on the crackers.
- Note: If you want that added Zip, then the jalapeno jelly is really essential. If all you have on hand is regular pepper jelly, then add a couple of dashes of hot sauce to the jelly before spreading it on top of the pie.
- Alternating green and red jalapeno jelly on top, makes it very attractive to serve for Christmas.
© James Catanich
Hey Good Food Lovers!
It's Nice To See You!
Welcome! My name is James and this is my internet kitchen hang-out. A self-confessed balanced foodie sharing some of our family friendly recipes that are full of flavour. Life is too short for bland and boring. It's about finding balance and falling in love with food all over again!
James Catanich, SEO Expert & Self-confessed un-balanced foodie