Great recipe for: Mexican Oysters - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded, chopped
- 12 fresh oysters, shucked, left on half shell
- Crusty Sourdough bread
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange oysters on broilerproof pan. Spoon salsa over oysters, dividing evenly. Broil until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with bread to soak up juices.
- Makes 12.
© Jim Catanich