Great recipe for: Jalapeno Poppers - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 5 big old fat jalapenos, sliced and gutted;
- 3/4 bar cream cheese.
- 1/2 canister *fat-free* sour cream (no lie)
- 1/2 lb finely ground hot country sausage.
- 2 fresh picked habs from the bushes in my hallway
- heavy sprinkle of ground super chiles, deseeded before grinding.
- Nuke the cream cheese until mushy, then mix with the cooked sausage,the fake sour cream, and the pureed habs. Fill the jalapeno cavities to overflowing (really crumble the sausage), sprinkle the chile powder on liberally, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove poppers and let cool.
© Jim Catanich