Great recipe for: Habanero Hummus - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 2 15oz Cans Garbanzo beans
- 1 Whole Habanero chile (and or 1 tsp habanero powder)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Roasted, seeded, skin removed
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 10 Cloves Roasted Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Juice of 2 Lemons (about 6 Tbs)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Cayenne or Paprika
- Olive Oil
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserve liquid from one can. put all ingredients in a food processor or blender, process till smooth. Add reserved liquid (or more olive oil) if hummus is too thick.
- To serve: Put into a serving dish, sprinkle with cayenne or paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges. Also great with vegies.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups and is easially halved
© Jim Catanich