Great recipe for: Exciting Escargots - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 36 large escargots -- canned
- 3 tablespoons garlic -- minced
- 1 cup Margarita Jalapeno Salsa
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico red chiles -- crushed
- 12 flour or corn tortillas -- OR
- 1 small loaf French bread -- sliced
Preheat oven to 425F.
Melt butter in a skillet; add garlic & saute until garlic barely begins to turn golden. Place 6 escargots in each of 6 individual casseroles; drizzle evenly with garlic butter. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons salsa evenly over escargots in each casserole; sprinkle 1 teaspoon of crushed chile over each. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce sizzles. Meanwhile, warm tortillas (or slice & warm French bread). Serve escargots with tortillas or bread for dunking in the sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
© Jim Catanich