Great recipe for: Devilish Eggs - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 12 Jumbo Eggs, hard boiled
- 3 Tablespoons Coleman's Mustard Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (E.V. not necessary but, nice.)
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle juice
- Mayonnaise to make a smooth mixture
- Dill Relish (optional)
- Pitted olives cut in half (optional)
- Cayenne pepper for garnish
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and split in half carefully putting the yolks in a mixing bowl. Mash yolks with a fork and stir in pickle juice,olive oil and mustard powder. Add enough mayo to make a smooth, stiff paste. If you are using dill relish add it in at this time.
- Scoop the past back into the egg halves and put a half olive on each so that they look like little yellow eyeballs staring up at you. Sprinkle cayenne (or whatever red powder you like) over the eggs for that properly bloodshot look.
- With that much mustard in there these babies will get people's attention. And the cayenne garnish is a nice bonus.
© Jim Catanich