Great recipe for Homemade Croutons - Homemade Crouton Recipe - Dinner With Jim
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 23 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 1 loaf of bread (about 12 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, evenly drizzle the olive oil over the bread chunks. Then evenly sprinkle the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the bread. Toss gently until well-combined.
- Spread the bread cubes out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, turning once halfway through cooking in order to brown all sides of the croutons. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the cubes, so watch to be sure that they do not burn. (Mine generally take between 15-20 minutes.)
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Use immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
© James Catanich
Hey Good Food Lovers!
It's Nice To See You!
Welcome! My name is James and this is my internet kitchen hang-out. A self-confessed balanced foodie sharing some of our family friendly recipes that are full of flavour. Life is too short for bland and boring. It's about finding balance and falling in love with food all over again!
James Catanich, SEO Expert & Self-confessed un-balanced foodie