Great recipe for: Chicken Lollipops - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 60 chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 tsp cayenne (or other chile powder - to taste)
- With a paring knife, cut around the thin tip of each chicken wing to loosen the meat around the joint. While holding the base, push the meat down gently to expose the bone and form a chicken lollipop. Remove any flesh left on the thin end with a clean towel.
- Combine the honey and mustard in a mixing bowl. Thin the mixture out with a bit of water. Dip the chicken meat in honey-mustard, allowing the excess to drip off, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken lollipops on a baking pan standing up. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 5 dozen chicken lollipops, serves 30 (2 per person)
© Jim Catanich