Great recipe for Battered Squid - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 1/4 teaspoonpepper
- 2 Tablespoonsminced garlic
- 1 TablespoonFish Sauce
- 1/2 CupWhite wine
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoonpaprika
- 4 TablespoonsChinese hot pepper sauce
- 1 CupFlour
- 2 PoundsCalamari -- cleaned, cut into rings
- 6 Tablespoonscornstarch
- 8 cupsoil and vinegar salad dressing -- for frying
- 6 largeIceberg lettuce -- Leaves
- Curry mayonaise
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, fish sauce, wine, eggs, pepper sauce and paprika in blender and blend 30 seconds.Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in flour just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add calamari. Cover with plastic warp and refigerate at least 1 hour.Just before cooking, stir cornstarch into calamari mixture.(important for crispness)
- Heat oil in large deep saucepan to 375 deg. (pinch of flourdropped into oil bubbles).Drop small batch of calamari into hot oil.Do not crowd the pan. Cook in batches until calamari rings are golden brown and crispy (about 2 minutes).Remove and drain on paper towels.
- To serve; fill each lettuce leaf with 1 cup calamari and serve with Curry Mayo
© James Catanich
Hey Good Food Lovers!
It's Nice To See You!
Welcome! My name is James and this is my internet kitchen hang-out. A self-confessed balanced foodie sharing some of our family friendly recipes that are full of flavour. Life is too short for bland and boring. It's about finding balance and falling in love with food all over again!
James Catanich, SEO Expert & Self-confessed un-balanced foodie