Great recipe for: Asian Guacamole - Hot and tasty - A kitchen workhorse and the foundation of many party Appetizers, Hors d'oeuvre, and Snacks
Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 11 reviews
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Yield: 8 Serving
- 1 Tbsp Black or white sesame seed
- 1 large Firm-ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp Shredded pickled ginger
- 3 Tbsp Seasoned rice vinegar
- - OR
- 3 Tbsp Cider vinegar,mixed with
- 1 t Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Wasabi powder or prepared horseradish
- 12 Round potsticker skins
- Place sesame seed in a 7-8" frying pan over medium-high heat. Shake pan often until seed begins to pop, 3-4 minutes. Pour from pan; set aside to cool. Peel and pit avocado; dice into a bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed, ginger, vinegar, and wasabi; mix gently. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining seed. Serve with potsticker crisps. Per serving: 81 calories; 1.1 grams protein; 7.2 grams fat; (1.1 grams saturated fat); 4.8 grams carbohydrates; 27 milligrams sodium; 0 milligrams cholesterol.
One at a time, dip potsticker skins in water; shake off excess. Lay in a single layer on a greased 12x15" baking sheet. Bake in a 450'F. oven until browned and crisp, 4-8 minutes, depending on thickness. Cool on racks. If made ahead, package airtight and store at room temperature up to 2 days.
- Per crisp: 39 calories; 1.8 grams protein; 0.1 grams fat; (0 grams saturated fat); 7.8 grams carbohydrates; 3.9 milligrams sodium; 0 milligrams cholesterol.
© Jim Catanich