Few web based applications have been created that really help a webmaster or site owner in obtaining real facts about their web site. But today, Google, Bing and Yahoo have all created their version of what has become known as "Webmaster Tools" or their online reporting of their data. We set these up for all our clients.
No more guess work. No more SEO hype. No more expensive services that you can do yourself in 5 minutes if you only knew how.
Consider the deliverable "Search Engine Submission - $250.00". Save the money and when your site is ready for the internet:
- Submit it to Google at http://www. google.com/addurl.html.
- Submit a XML Sitemap using Google Webmaster Tools. Google uses your XML Sitemap to learn about the structure of your site, urls of all your pages and this increases their coverage of your web pages.
- Make sure all the other sites that should know about your pages are aware your site is now online.
Following these guidelines will help the Search Engines find and index your site.
Even if you choose not to implement any of these suggestions, we strongly encourage you to pay very close attention to the "Quality Guidelines", which outline some of the illicit practices that may lead to a site being removed the Search Engines' index or become consider a spam action. If a site has been affected by a spam action, it may no longer show up in the search results. In today's world of the internet that means your site doesn't exist.
It has become a requirement of all management of a web site to review in detail each page of the site for violations of the Quality Guidelines the SE expect your site to meet.
Here's Google's...violate these and watch your site show up on page 1000 of the search results.
Google's Quality guidelines
- Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
- Don't use cloaking or sneaky redirects.
- Don't send automated queries to Google.
- Don't load pages with irrelevant keywords.
- Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
- Don't create pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware.
- Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
- If your site participates in an affiliate program, make sure that your site adds value. Provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.
One of the mandatory requirements we expect all our clients to do is to setup the Webmaster Tools applications for Google, Yahoo and Bing. This is the best source of the real world of Executive Management Overview. It's live, real time data that fits into an overhead presentation format.
It's a mandatory requirement for all Internet Marketing companies to present to you!
The very first thing we do is set up the three Webmaster Tools applications for all are clients and then teach them how to log into it. This gives them real facts, backed up with real data. Talk about no more Internet Marketing BS!
Is Your Site Penalized?
Half our business leads today come from websites that have been penalized by the SE for some violation or what is known as 'Over SEOed!' So if you determine that your site doesn't meet these guidelines, we can modify your site so that it does and then submit your site for reconsideration. Currently we have a 100% re-inclusion back into good standings with the SEs.
Webmaster Tools Details
Check out the following pages for details on what is required to setup and can be obtained from the SE's Webmaster Tools applications: