Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important steps that should be taken by a company if they want to enter the world of Internet Marketing. It is a series of proven processes in which the various 200+ SEO Elements on a web page are filled in or edited to contain the targeted keyword phrases.
The Search Engine Optimization [ SEO ] process is a series of mandatory tasks that the web designer/webmaster must be trained in and master. Done properly, it will increase the overall readability, visibility, performance and search engine ranking of your website that will result in increased business leads. Done wrong and your site will never be seen by your customers again.
Only 52% of Google users click on an "organic search result" found on page one! The other 48% is "Google AdWords" and "Google Places" or "Local Search".
Only 26% of Bing users do the same.
These stats are from "A Tale of Two Studies: Establishing Google & BING Click-Through Rates", a new report from search agency Slingshot SEO. And they’re substantially lower than several prior CTR studies but shows the real trend of user click patterns.
The first page gets most of the clicks!
History of Data
The following are more charts from the past five years show the same trends.
On-Page SEO Dallas Ideas
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization - Making a site search engine friendly and adhere to the search engine ranking algorithms and recommendations.
- Site Content Enhancement - Start creating new web pages to address areas where lack of content is a weakness. Remember, the more unique pages there are, the better.
Off-Page SEO Dallas Ideas
Off-Page Search Engine Optimization deal with how your site is linked throughout the world of the internet.
- Link Popularity Enhancement - Start generating inbound links to your site to increase the search engine popularity of your site.
- Search Engine Submission - Obtaining links from both "pay for inclusion" sites and utilizing "hand submission" sites will ensure that your site will get crawled by the secondary search engines. But first, check out the free ways that guarantee to be indexed by Google, ASK, Yahoo and MSN/Bing.
- Directory Submission - Get your site listed in the major directories like Open Directory, Yahoo and other industry specific directories.
Local Search Engine Optimization Ideas
If you don't have a need to compete in the National SEO environment, then focus your efforts on a Local Search Engine Optimization campaign. Target only customers within your community.
Mobile Search Engine Optimization Ideas
19% of all Searches in 2010 were made by mobile based devices. This will double in 2011. Do you have a mobile ready site? Has it been optimized for Mobile Search campaign and target customers that use mobile devices within your community.