Global link popularity of web site
All major search engines (Google, MSN, and Yahoo) take the quality and the context of the links into account. Search engines assume that your web page must offer relevant content if many quality sites link to it.
Link popularity measures how many web pages link to your site. And the number of web pages linking to your site is not as important as the quality of the web pages that link to your site.
SEO Tip - Link texts of inbound links
Inbound links are links from other web sites to your site. If many other sites link to your site, then search engines consider your site to be important. However, the number of links is not as important as is the relevance of the linking page and the link text used in linking to your site. However, Google.com also evaluates the quality of the web pages that link to your web site.
To get a high ranking on Google.com, make sure that the web pages that link to your site use the search term "keyword phrase" in their link or anchor texts. The more links to your web site containing your keyword phrase (or a part of it) in the link text, the more likely it is that your web site will get a high ranking on Google.com for that search term.
It is also advisable to use different but related keywords for the link texts. If all links to your web site use exactly the same link text, then Google.com might lower your rankings because of "unnatural linking patterns".
In addition, the quality and reputation of the web pages that link to your site is very important to the search engines.
SEO Tip - Links from social networks
On social network sites, people decide which web sites are popular. This means that the popularity on social network sites cannot be easily influenced. For this reason, it is believed that search engines trust web sites more if they are popular on social networks.
SEO Tip - Server speed
Popular web sites often have faster server response times compared to smaller unimportant sites. In addition, most search engines index more pages from fast web sites.
SEO Tip - Server Availability
Popular web sites have 24/7/365 availability server compared to smaller unimportant sites. In addition, most search engines index more pages from web sites where the server has a uptime of 99.7% servers.
Search Engine Submission
Submit to the search engines yourself. Do not use submission service or submission software. It is beleived that doing so could get your site penalized or even banned by Google.com.
Use the following free submission links
- How to submit your site to Google Submission
- How to submit your site to Yahoo Submission
- How to submit your site to Live Search / MSN Submission
- On-Page Site Optimization - Making a site structurally search engine friendly or "spiderable" and consistent with the search engine ranking algorithms.
- Site Content Enhancement - Creating actual web pages to address areas where there is a lack of content.
Off Page Factors
Off page factors deal with how your site is linked throughout the world of the internet.
- Link Popularity Enhancement - Generating incoming links to your site in order to increase the popularity of your site.
- Search Engine Submission - Utilizing both "pay for inclusion" programs and "hand submission" where necessary to ensure that your site gets crawled by the major search engines.
- Directory Submission - Listing your site in the major directories like Yahoo and the Open Directory, as well as industry specific or regional directories.