SEO Competitive Analysis
Identifying the best keyword phrases for your company will put you on the right path, but to create a successful internet marketing program, you must review the internet competition that exists for the targeted keyword phrases. The objective is to determine the amount of design effort or promotional money that will be needed to achieve high placement in each of the search engines for each of the targeted keyword phrases.
At Catanich, we work with our clients to align these goals and expectations relative to the real "internet competition" in their market, not the perceived "brick-n-mortar" . Since there are multiple ways to promote your site, this top 10 competitive analysis allows us to better determine the effort and costs associated with each of these method. This competitive research also allows us to prioritize the opportunities for you based on expected ROI.
- Review keyword buying opportunities through Google Adwords Keyword Analysis (as well as others if search volumes are high enough). See example PPC Analysis.
- Manually review the search engine optimization levels and PageRank values of the top 10 competing pages (sites) returned from Google for your targeted phrases.
- Evaluate Yahoo and MSN Directory listings to see where opportunities lie. Their links to your site is valuable but "is it worth it" (as in cost to purchase per year)?
Top 10 SERP Comparison
To obtain high search engine rankings, you must select and then optimize a web page for a targeted keyword phrase before submitting it to the search engines. This is called "On-Page Search Optimization". One of the best search engine optimization methods used today is to analyze your page to the top 10 existing web pages returned in the SERPs that currently have high rankings for the targeted keyword that would be important to you.
Once a series of keywords have been selected, each is assigned to an existing page in the site. This page is then compared with the top 10 SERPs returned by Google for the assigned keyword phrase. This comparison is a detailed comprehensive review of each of the top 16 SEO elements and will show the strength or weakness of the web page design. These reviews will explain to you what will need to change on your pages in order to obtain similar to rankings.
Current SEO Elements we check include:
- Keyword Use In Document Title
- Global Link Popularity Of Web Site
- Link Texts Of Inbound Links
- Keyword Use In Body Text
- Age Of Web Site
- Keyword Use In H1 Headline Texts
- Keyword Use In Domain Name
- Keyword Use In Page URL
- Links From Social Networks
- Server Speed
- Keyword Use In H2-H6 Headline Texts
- Keyword Use In IMG ALT Attributes
- Top Level Domain Of Web Site
- Keyword Use In Bold Body Text
- Number Of Visitors To The Site
- Keyword Use In Same Site Link Texts
- Keyword Use In Outbound Link Texts
- Keyword Use In Same Site Link Urls
- Keyword Use In Outbound Link Urls
- Keyword Use In Meta Description
- Number Of Trailing Slashes In URL
- HTML Validation Of Web Page To W3C Standards
- Readability Level Of Web Page
- Keyword Use In Meta Keywords
- Keyword Use In The First Sentence Of The Body Text
- Keyword Use In HTML Comments
- Search Engine Compatibility
- Link Popularity of Site
- Link Popularity of Page
- Page Rank Of Site
- Page Rank Of Page
- Text To Code Ratio Of Page