Recipes List - A-B
Recipes List - B-C
Recipes List - C-H
Recipes List - H-J
Recipes List - J-R
Recipes List - R-S
Recipes List - T-Z
|TexMex Recipes » Appetizers - Set 2 - B thru C|
Appetizers - Set 2 - B thru C
This is a splendid set of recipes that is extremely tasty! You don't really cook anything
complex, so it is great for kids to make.
Old Fashioned New Mexico Green Chili
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- ½ pound pork loin - cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves - finely minced
- 1 red onion- finely chopped (optional)
- 1tb flour - preferably masa flour
- 2tbl cornstarch
- 4 tbl water
- 28oz New Mexican chiles - roasted peeled seeded and finely chopped
- 1 chopped red jalapeno pepper (optional) -chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 2 large fresh tomatoes - chopped (optional)
In skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add pork until all pink is gone (about 5 minutes. Put into crock pot set on high.
Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, add flour, cornstarch and water, mix and add to crock pot. Mix with pork.
Add chiles, cumin, salt, pepper and chicken broth to crock pot. Bring to a low boil (15 minutes). Reduce heat to low.
Add tomatoes, cover and simmer for at least 1 hour on very low heat.
Serve over plain or mexican rice, burritos, chile rellenos, chimichangas, etc.
Check out these other great recipes for Tex-Mex Appetizers
Written by Jim Catanich -