Chicken Quesadillas With Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 (12-ounce) can whole tomatillos, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced Anaheim pepper
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded grilled chicken
* Combine tomatillos, lime juice, Anaheim and serrano peppers, salt and cilantro in small serving bowl. Set aside.
* Heat heavy 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla in pan and sprinkle one-third of cheese and one-third of chicken evenly on top. Cover with second tortilla. When bottom tortilla is nicely browned, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, use wide spatula to turn quesadilla. Brown other side. Place on cutting board. Repeat to cook other 2 quesadillas.
* Use sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges on warm platter and serve immediately. Pass salsa.