Ceviche With Shrimp and Avocado
- 1 1/2 Pounds shrimp -- raw, peeled
- 5 Limes -- juiced
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno -- seeded, minced
- 1/4 Cup red onion -- minced
- 1 cucumber -- peeled, seeded diced
- 2 avocado -- peeled and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro -- chopped
- Tortilla chips
Rinse shrimp under cold running water and pat dry. Place in a mixing bowl with lime juice, 1 tablespoon jalapeno, 2 tablespoons red onion and sprinkling of salt. Toss well to coat. Spoon into plastic bag, press out air and seal tightly. Refrigerate, turning from time to time to distribute lime juice , until shrimp are opaque, about 1 hour.
When ready to serve, toss shrimp with remaining 1 tablespoon Jalapeno and remaining 2 tablespoons red onion, cucumber, avocados and cilantro. Taste and adjust salt. Serve with Tortillas.