Recipes List - A-B
Recipes List - B-C
Recipes List - C-H
Recipes List - H-J
Recipes List - J-R
Recipes List - R-S
Recipes List - T-Z
|TexMex Recipes » Buffalo Chicken Strips|
Buffalo Chicken Strips
- * BLUE CHEESE DIP *
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- * CHICKEN STRIPS AND CELERY STICKS *
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts -- cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 5 stalks celery -- cut into 3-inch sticks
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise and blue cheese.
Stir in the scallions and pepper and set aside while preparing the chicken.
Cover and refrigerate. (This recipe can be made one day ahead to this point.)
Heat the oil in a large, preferably nonstick skillet. Season the chicken
with the salt. Cook the chicken over medium-high heat, stirring frequently,
until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet
from the heat. Add the butter and hot pepper sauce to the pan and swirl until
the butter melts and the sauce coats the chicken.
Serve the chicken and celery sticks along with the blue cheese dip.
Provide toothpicks for spearing the chicken and dipping it in the sauce.
Written by Jim Catanich -